- Ethan's birth
- Moving back to Arkansas
- Completing my dissertation
- Attending the Cowboys vs. Redskins game
- Graduating with my Ph.D.
It was hard to choose just a handful... Ethan is one photogenic kid!
- Nike Leave Nothing: Makes me want to put on pads and hit someone.
- Batman - Dark Knight trailer: Gives me goose bumps.
- Huckabee - Norris ad: "My plan to secure the border? Two words: Churck Norris"
- Dude and Bugger.
- K-Fed's Nationwide: Life comes at you fast.
Movies I saw:
- Amazing Grace: The true story of how God inspired William Wilberforce to help end the slave trade in 19th century Britain.
- 3:10 to Yuma: Great story of a father's determination to care for his family.
- The Greatest Game Ever Played: The true story of 20-year-old Francis Ouimet who faced his idol, Harry Vardon, in the 1913 US Open golf tournament.
- Spider-Man 3: Venom is one of my favorite bad guys.
- Glory Road: The true story of Texas Western coach Don Haskins who led the first all-black starting line-up for a college basketball team to the 1966 NCAA national championship.
- Money, Possessions, and Eternity by Randy Alcorn: We used this book in the YMCA (Young Maturing Christian Adults) Bible class early in the year. The book had a strong influence on how I view and use money.
- The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey: Perhaps one of the best books about Jesus I've ever read.
- Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson: A very useful guide for a new dad.
- Sacred Parenting by Gary L. Thomas
- Kingdom Come: Embracing the Spiritual Legacy of David Lipscomb and James Harding by John Mark Hicks and Bobby Valentine: I haven't completed this book yet, and it's not exactly my favorite, but I've enjoyed learning more about James A. Harding from whom Harding University takes its name.