Friday, June 29, 2007

Fav5

It's been a few weeks since I've posted a Fav5, but now that I'm through with traveling, I'm back at it.
  1. Internet music is about to die. Thursday marked a day of silence in protest of the absurd fees that must soon be paid by Internet music providers. Very sad indeed.

  2. The iPhone is finally here. Being the traditional late adopter that I am, I don't really give a hoot, but it's entertaining to see all the technophiles go crazy over it.

  3. An interesting article in the NY Times discusses social searching and the new searching paradigms that may challenge Google's lead in the Web search field. Matt Cutts says (unofficially) that Google is not opposed to leveraging the wisdom of the crowds in the future to stay in the lead.

  4. Researchers at Northeastern University have demonstrated the minimum number of moves needed to solve a Rubik's Cube is 26.

  5. I came across Citizendium this week. It's essentially a Wikipedia where only the educated and pre-approved can edit articles. I submitted my credentials and am waiting to hear back. In theory, Citizendium should be of higher quality than Wikipedia, but I think the barrier-to-entry is just too high to make it a serious contender. Besides, sometimes anonymous contributions can be useful. wink


1 comment:

  1. Last.fm didn't participate in the day of silence.

    I thought their reason was an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete