- What will the Internet look like in 2020? Pew experts think the mobile device will be the primary means of using the Internet, the Internet will not increase social "tolerance", interaction in virtual worlds will be more common, and people will be more open to sharing private information and opinions on the Internet. Any surprises here?
- Several new digital billboards in Japan will have cameras mounted to determine how many people are looking at the billboards. It uses software that matches faces to a average Japanese face to determine how large the audience is.
- Google Image Search now allows you to search by several types: Photographic, clip art, and line drawing.
- Google is now serving search results optimized for the iPhone and Android phones. The results load faster and don't require using the horizontal scrollbar.
- Congratulations to the 446 Harding students who will be graduating on Saturday morning - a record December graduation.
Friday, December 19, 2008
My pick of the week's top 5 items of interest: