Thursday, January 27, 2011

Introduction to Web Science

The spring semester is at full throttle, and I figured it was time to write my first blog post of 2011. I'm teaching Introduction to Web Science this semester (I mentioned this back in November). It's an upper-level elective for CS majors that approaches Web Science from a computing perspective. There have been a few other undergraduate Web Science courses offered at other universities, but they are quite rare.

There is no single book on the topic of Web Science, so I'm using a combination of texts (see the class web page) that focus on web search engines, networks, and collective intelligence.

If you'd like to follow along with the class, I'm placing our PowerPoint presentations online on the class web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment