Thursday, February 02, 2006

Updated C#, VB.NET, Java Comparisons

Today I updated my C# comparison pages for Java and VB.NET:

Maintaining these pages is really time-consuming, but I get so much positive feedback that it makes it worth it. A look the server logs shows that the C# vs. VB.NET page is especially popular. In any given month it’s typically the 4th requested URL from the harding.edu website.



When filtering for just pages produced by faculty members, the C# vs. VB.NET page is first by a factor of 4, and the Java 1.5 vs. C# page is around 4th place.



A shocker is my JavaScript vs. VBScript comparison page appearing 7th. I haven’t updated that thing in years, and who is using VBScript anyway? I guess its still getting attention from those die-hard ASP programmers. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Mr. McCown,

    I don't expect you to remember me, but several years ago (2001) I had you for Internet Dev I. I graduated with my degree last December and last month I started my first job as a VB.NET developer.

    Well, on my development team's website/wiki the first resource listed is your VB.NET to C# Comparison. You've definitely helped a lot of programmers through the years with that cheat sheet. I even have parts of it hanging in my cubicle as a VB.NET cheat sheet (I was always a C# developer).

    I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time and effort to help the community.

    Wes Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes- Of course I remember you! Thanks for your feedback. Hope your job is going well.

    ReplyDelete