Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back in Arkansas

We're finally back! It was a long, long way from Norfolk to Searcy, but everything went pretty much according to plan. We've moved back into our house, and I'm setup in Dana Steil's old office, Science 208. I'm writing this post from my new office using my new laptop... snazzy.

Here's a quick synopsis of the last couple of weeks:

My mom and sister came down to help us pack the weekend before we left. We closed on our condo on the 31st, and later that afternoon a bunch of friends from church helped us load the ginormous Penske truck:




After saying goodbye to our empty condo and spending the night at Andy and Stephanie's, we spent the next two days on the road with the Bean sitting between Becky and me (don't let the photo fool you, I drove most of the way wink):


Ethan did really well the first day. We stopped plenty to stretch and eat, and I even let him drive some:




But by day two, Ethan was a little tired of being on the road. I think this picture sums up the way all three of us were feeling on the stretch from Nashville to Memphis:


Finally we reached Memphis where Ethan got to see his great-grandmother and grandfather for the first time as well as his Uncle Andy:




I went on to Searcy and left Becky and Ethan in Memphis. They joined me the next day after I had unloaded the truck with the help of some friends.

This week I've been getting ready for classes, and Becky has been getting the house ready... seems like there are a million things to do. Becky's parents are also in town on vacation to work on their farm and see us, so we've spent some time with them. A few nights ago we ate dinner at the farm and got to see Bill's new tractor (it's behind our happy family):


I'm looking forward to re-connecting with old friends. Feel free to drop by my office if you are on Harding's campus... this is where I will be spending most of my time from now on. wink

5 comments:

  1. So you're back in Searcy? Cool! Are you in the same house we stayed in that time?

    We may be planning a Luis Palau event in LR in the next year or so, we'll have to connect.

    I love that last picture (aka American Gothic) - very funny! I love your beautiful little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, back in Searcy and in the same house. Hope you guys will come out for a visit. Ethan is one photogenic kid, that's for sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute! I want to see my nephew.... ;-( I'm already sad ya'll aren't here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. McCown gothic is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your profile on here still says you live in Norfolk, Virginia...

    Just thought I'd point that out.

    ReplyDelete