Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Macaroni and cheese considered harmful

Last night we fed Ethan some Gerber macaroni and cheese. Five minutes later he looked Rocky Balboa after a fight (I would post a photo, but Becky thought it was too gruesome). We rushed him to the ER where he got several doses of various meds. He got more and more hives as the evening progressed, but thankfully he looked back to normal in the morning.

I guess Ethan is allergic to something in it, but maybe we shouldn't have been feeding him that stuff in the first place. We bought it while in a nostalgic mood (it was one of Becky's favorite meals as a kid), but the stuff is totally nutritionally devoid. Why is Gerber even selling this junk?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear he's ok. You did the right thing.

    Can he eat wheat gluten ok? I wonder what the agent was.

    Yeah, empty calories. I think there's some good organic varieties out there, with whole-grain macaroni, for example, that would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that Ethan's OK. Did you ever find out what it was that caused the allergic reaction? The first thing that came to my mind was the cheese.

    We're doing fine here in good ol' Texas. I told Becky that we might visit you in AR one day. I've never been to AR, but Larry has. He says it's pretty country up there. Take care!

    ReplyDelete