- Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook, gave the keynote address on Sunday at South by Southwest Interactive (SXSWi). The talk was led by interviewer Sarah Lacy, a columnist for BusinessWeek. Let's just say it did not go well. At all. You can see Sara's attempt to defend herself and the full keynote (it gets pretty bad around minute 55).
- Meredith Morris, a researcher at Microsoft, is working on helping groups collaboratively do Web search together with their tool SearchTogether.
- USENIX has gone OA - now you can access all their current and past papers freely online. Excellent.
- Thinking about using Facebook in leu of a face-to-face study group? If you're a student at Ryerson University, you better think again...
- (BONUS) Congratulations to the Harding Bison basketball team who will be playing in the NCAA Division II Basketball Tournament. This is only their second appearance in the tourney. The opening game is Sat at 2:30 against Tampa.
Friday, March 14, 2008
It's 3.14 and time for my pick of the week's top
5 6 items of interest: