- This weekend in the Benson Auditorium, Hal Runkel will be presenting ScreamFree Parenting. Read more about it here.
- Jimmy Allen has retired from teaching. If you are a Harding alum, there's a good chance you took his class on Romans. But Dr. Allen is still around... I played basketball with him just a few weeks ago.
- Construction of a new Pizza Hut started a few weeks ago, about 50 yards from the Beebe-Capps entrance into campus. Why Harding was unable to purchase the land, I don't know. It's gonna look tacky, but at least it isn't a used car lot.
- If you haven't been spammed by the Alumni Office recently, here's your chance to win an all-expense paid Homecoming weekend at Harding. All you have to do is give the Alumni Office the email address of 5 "missing" alumni. The campaign is called Six Degrees of Harding University.
- A group of Harding students joined with others in helping storm victims in north-west Arkansas.
- The Harding programming team headed by David Farrow smashed the other business programming teams this past weekend in the Axiom programming contest held in Conway, AR. David was actually the lone programmer since his two teammates were just buddies who were there for moral support. David confirmed my suspicion that a CS-trained programmer is 10 times more effective than a business major that knows how to program.
- Ethan saw his first Harding basketball game last night. He cheered on the Lady Bisons as they won their 6th consecutive win.
Friday, February 20, 2009
There's a lot going on around here at Harding, so a quick post to bring you up to date: