Saturday, February 28, 2009

My first knol

As I mentioned yesterday, I just wrote my first knol entitled Introduction to Web Search Engines. This article was originally meant for my Internet Development class. I wanted to have them understand some of the technical issues of how search engines work because it affects how a website should be developed to make it Google-friendly. At the same time, I didn't want the article to be overly technical... it needed to convey just enough technical information so my students would get the big picture. Whether I hit that sweet-spot or not is debatable.

I couldn't find any similar articles on the Web (this is close), so I thought it would be useful to put one out there, and I've been eager to try out Google's new knol service. Despite my many frustrations yesterday, it wasn't too bad. I didn't find myself needing to manipulate the raw HTML too much, and the ability to add and manage references was very intuitive.

Yes, the amazing graphics are my own. I know I got skillz. wink

No comments:

Post a Comment