Tuesday, June 20, 2006

frankmccown.com

I recently created my own website frankmccown.com using Microsoft Office Live. Since it was free to register the domain name and host the site, I thought I might as well give it a try. Thanks, Microsoft, for giving me a free site. The only problem I have is actually editing it. Microsoft tried to make the interface easy for business users to create a website. Unfortunately, they created an interface that is impossible to use for those of us who want to actually edit HTML. Where is the “edit HTML” button?!

I emailed the Microsoft Office Live folks to see if they could tell me how to edit the HTML, and they replied:
Microsoft Office Live does not support stand alone HTML code designing. HTML code designing can be accomplished using Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003. Currently, only the Microsoft Office Live Essentials subscription supports publishing the website through Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003.
Looks like you have to pay if you want to be able to change the under-lying HTML, and then you have to use FrontPage. Blah... Looks like frankmccown.com will not be getting much attention in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment