Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Graphs in R

The last week or so I’ve been trying to learn the R programming language. The language was named R after the authors’ names, a really poor choice since it makes it almost impossible to search the Web for R-related web pages. One of my colleagues once stated that the R stands for “razor” as in what you feel like using on your wrists when trying to learn R! I have to agree- the intro material they supply is ok for learning a few basics, but I have yet to come across anything that shows all the basics of producing simple line and bar graphs. And I’m amazed by the poor examples in the user-contributed documents that give a little code with no pictures or pictures so small you have to magnify the image x10 to see anything. Therefore I have created my own intro to producing simple graphs in R. It’s by no means complete, but it’s much better than anything I’ve found.

No comments:

Post a Comment