Thursday, June 15, 2006

JCDL 2006 - day 3

I’m back from JCDL. Overall I really enjoyed the conference, and I’m really hoping to attend next year’s conference in Vancouver, British Columbia. Mon and Tues were packed with activities, but everything was wrapped up on Wed morning. A few highlights from the remainder of the conference:

  • The dinner Tues night at the Ferrington Village was fantastic- I haven’t eaten that much pork in a long time. Everyone seemed to have a good time conversing. Johan took the top poster award, and Lagoze et al. took the top paper award.

  • Wed morning I enjoyed Johan’s presentation on aggregating and analyzing scholarly usage data although I had seen the presentation before at ODU. Some of the other presentations were well done, but I admittedly zoned-out a lot of it and went through my emails. I could tell many others around me were doing the same, just giving partial attention to the presentations. That’s got to be annoying to the presenters.

  • After the conference I was hoping to do a quick run over to see Duke’s campus, but it was pouring down rain. So Michael, Martin, and I headed back to Norfolk right after lunch. It was nice getting back and seeing Becky. Although the Carolina Inn was fantastic, there’s really no substitute for home.


Technorati Tag:

No comments:

Post a Comment