Thursday, November 23, 2006

Today is Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving, and I certainly have a lot to be thankful for. Sometimes it’s good to actually list your blessings, especially when you feel like things just aren’t going your way. So here’s a list of a handful of things I’m thankful for in no particular order:
  • My stunningly beautiful, intelligent, and hilarious wife
  • My first child to be born in April
  • My two favorite teams playing today- Cowboys and Broncos
  • My parents and brother who will be at the Cowboys game, and my sister who is soaking up the sun in Mexico today
  • Andy and Stephanie Walz who have invited us over today to eat turkey!
  • Finishing up a rather time-consuming paper
  • A fantastic advisor with the unique combination of basketball and OAI-PMH skillz
  • Funding for my Ph.D.
  • A church that Becky and I feel particularly blessed to be a part of
  • The class I’m teaching at church on Christian apologetics that seems to be going really well
  • My friends, the Hornes, who are moving back to Virginia Beach
  • Our beat-up Geo Metro that still runs
  • Harding students that are a light to the world
  • Hilarious Payton Manning commericials
  • The Office
  • BBQ chicken pizza at California Pizza Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. Who would ever have imagined that Payton Manning would end up being one of the funniest people on television?

    ReplyDelete