Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wow, you look so good in that photo... is it actually you?

Here’s a little function you may want for your photo editing software: The Beauty Button. Researchers at at Tel Aviv University have developed a program that can make an image of a person’s face more attractive by moving or distorting portions of the face to conform to factors that we all find beautiful. You can read the full article here.

According to Cohen-Or, one of the researchers behind the software:
Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is merely a function of mathematical distances or ratios. And interestingly, it is usually the average distances to features which appears to most people to be the most beautiful.
In other words, average is beautiful. So would you want to apply the beauty function to your photos? I’m just wondering what my friends and family would think when they saw my wedding album and didn't recognize the guy kissing my wife. Sure, give me a tan and remove that zit, but leave my nose alone, please.

Speaking of beauty, my wife’s birthday is today! She’s still a youngin’… not even 30 yet. If you’d like to send her a happy birthday note, you can reach her at beckymccown1 at yahoo dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment