Monday, March 26, 2007

Jury duty

It took 5 hours of questioning, moving back and forth from one room to another, and sitting for long periods of time with nothing to do before the court finally decided they didn’t need me on the jury. This was my last chance of getting picked, and I struck out again. I think the reason they let me go was because I made the court aware of Becky’s impending due date, and I guess it’s a good thing I got dismissed… otherwise I would have been deciding the fate of a murder suspect for the next couple of days while Becky nervously wondered if I would make it to the delivery room on time if Ethan came early. Still, I would have really liked to have experienced being a juror. Maybe it’s because L.A. Law was my favorite show in my teens, or maybe it’s because I am all about civic duty. Anyway, at least I got $30 for my time. wink

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog from a friend. Glad to hear things are going well for you. I'm adding your blog to my RSS reader right now and I'm also adding your blog to my blogroll! :) Take it easy!

    -Casey-

    ReplyDelete