Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ethan is four weeks old

Little Ethan is four weeks old today. This has probably been one of the most challenging times for Becky and me, dealing with very little sleep and not knowing what we’re doing half the time. But by the grace of God, we've made it this far.

Here are some photos from the past few weeks. If you're in a hurry, make sure you at least see this one.

Daddy time

I'm not sure what to do with this guy

What are you lookin' at?

Go Bisons!

Proud father

Doing push-ups together

Playtime on the sports rug

Proud mother

Chillin' in the swing

Comparing feet

Finally, some space to stretch out!

Fear of the Bath

Looking cool in his Nike outfit

It's tough being a baby

Bean burrito

Drying off

Dad, you better watch out...

You were warned!


Daddy’s Prayer for Ethan
Lord, thank you for this little boy that you have blessed us with. Please give me the strength and wisdom to raise him to be wild at heart, compassionate, courageous, strong, and passionate about you. Help me to be patient when I’m at my whit’s end and can’t get him to sleep, and help me to enjoy these times because they will soon be gone. Thank you for each day that you give us, no matter how few or many we may enjoy on this earth. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Chad and I enjoyed these pics - Ethan is really a cute lil' man!!! And what a sweet prayer...Looks like ya'll are doing a great job as parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pictures. Ethan is so cute. Don't worry it does get easier and I promise he will sleep through the night. From the looks of the pictures your doing a great job.
    Alison Turner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures. Ethan is a beautiful boy. It also looks like he's going to be very tall as he gets older. That last picture was hilarious...it still happens to me occasionally when I'm changing Gary...I just never seem to be quick enough! Don't worry, those sleepless or "not enough sleep" nights will eventually end. Congratulations again and please keep the pictures coming!
    - The Sowells

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that prayer of yours brother! The lad is indeed very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He will hate you for that bath picture some day! =)

    ReplyDelete