- The Internet Archive just increased their web archive (the Wayback Machine) by 25%. Brad Tofel, an archivist at IA, told me that from here on out the Wayback Machine should be 3 months out-of-date rather than 6-12 months like they have been in the past.
- It's a great time to be a talented college student looking for an internship.
- Some brilliant blogging advice from one of the most prolific bloggers at Google:
Don't post when you're angry.These and other wise sayings from Matt Cutts were in response to a Google employee's blogging about her dislike of the new movie Sicko. I'll add to this...
Don't post a response to someone else's blog posting when you're angry.I've learned this lessons the hard way.
- Dell is warning their customers about moving from XP to Vista. I recently made the move a few weeks ago when I purchased a new desktop for home use. It hasn't exactly been the smoothest transition, but I'll blog more about that later. I would certainly advise anyone making the leap to be on their guard.
- If you haven't played the Wii yet, find a friend who owes one and give it a shot! On the 4th our friends Brad and Katie threw my family a going away party (we're heading back to Arkansas in Aug). Brad owns a Wii, and it must have been the most popular activity at the party! No wonder the Wii is currently out-selling the PS3 six-to-one.
Friday, July 06, 2007
TGIF! My pick of the week's top 5 events, articles, or items of interest: