Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fav5

My pick of the week's top 5 items of interest:
  1. This week Halo 3 debuted for the XBox 360, and by most accounts, it has met or exceeded expectations. I'm hoping to get a copy for my birthday next week.

  2. Researchers at UC San Diego are working on a music search engine. They've developed a Listen Game which uses the wisdom of crowds to help.

  3. Do you have difficulty identifying phish? Carnegie Mellon's Anti-Phishing Phil could help.

  4. I want a tree house. Anyone know of a good place in Searcy to build one of these?

  5. Almost half of IT workers surveyed said they have fallen asleep at their job. Big surprise. What is surprising is that 44% of male techies have said they've kissed a coworker. And I thought most tech geeks weren't very good with the ladies.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Happy Birthday, Frank! Man, the fact that Halo3 is out there is killing me. No Xbox, no time to play...but boy, I sure wish I could. Fragging with your buddies - and fragging your buddies - is one of my favorite pastimes. Spartan Laser!
    4. My buddy Jason builds treehouses. Got a suitable tree?
    5. I've fallen asleep while editing video before ("I'll just...listen to them talk for a sec..."). I need a nap around 2pm every day, and now have my own office with a couch in it. I try and respect my circadian rhythm; I perform much better when I do.

    ReplyDelete