Friday, August 08, 2008

Fav5

My pick of the week's top 5 items of interest:
  1. Microsoft is helping researchers by providing new plugins to Microsoft Office. If you've ever used Word to write a thesis or journal article, you know what a mess it is. I hope these tools will help a little.

  2. Three French journalists who work for Global Security Magazine were expelled from the Black Hat conference for allegedly sniffing the press room computer network. A little ironic that attendees can be kicked out for hacking at a conference that shares hacking info.

  3. This morning I was given the chance to view the new Facebook interface. I give it two thumbs up for simplicity. I wonder though how they picked my Broncos fan box to appear on the first page and relegated my Cowboys fan box to the 4th tab?



  4. Harding University is ranked number 1972 in the top 4000 universities in the world according to the latest Webometrics Ranking. The ranking is supposedly based on "electronic access to scientific publications" and "other academic materials".

  5. Check out this timeline of Internet memes. (Thanks, Jonathan.)


No comments:

Post a Comment