Friday, October 03, 2008

Fav5

It's a slow week, so this week's Fav5 are going to hit a little closer to home:
  1. Becky is in Dallas for a MOPS convention, so Ethan and I are going to have a lot of bonding time this weekend.

  2. At Harding's Homecoming this year (Oct 25), all alumni from the CS Programming Teams are invited for a reunion and luncheon. Also the Knights social club (I was a member from 1992-96) will have a 40th anniversary celebration, including an alumni joust!

  3. We just had a new deck and fence installed this week (photos to appear soon).

  4. Football stat update: I'm 4-0 in one of my fantasy football leagues and 1-3 in the other. The faculty/staff flag football team is 3-1. Harding's football team is 1-4.

  5. If you are one of those people who wasn't going to vote until DiCaprio and friends guilted you into it, let me kindly ask, on behalf of your fellow countrymen, please... pleeeeeeeease do not vote. Seriously.

    And if you would ask your 5 friends who are also easily persuaded by Hollywood to not vote, and they would ask their 5 friends not to vote... there would be like... tens of faithful Enquirer readers not voting! 

4 comments:

  1. Frank, old friend, I am extremely disappointed to see that you are encouraging people not to vote. I'm voting because it's my duty as a citizen, not because Hollywood is guilting me into it.

    "Seriously", could you please explain? What reasons do you have for not voting at all? Are the candidates not liberal or conservative enough for you? Did the fact that the message came from DeCaprio just taint the whole thing for you?

    This is our system. Two candidates. Pick one. It's simple.

    I'd like to hear your rationale. I'm having a hard time understanding what that could be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Allan. Sorry for the confusion. What I was doing was targeting the guy on the couch who was not going to vote until he saw this slick ad with a bunch of actors who put him on a guilt trip. I'm hoping that guy will not vote because I don't think that guy is giving serious thought to what he's voting for.

    Of course I want everyone else to vote. Just not that guy.

    I guess my little foray into politics wasn't very clear... that's why I usually stick to my fields of expertise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, apologies! I didn't get your meaning. I guess I need more sleep...

    I hope you're not too annoyed. It didn't sound like you at all to really encourage someone not to vote, which is why I reacted that way. Re-reading it, I can see your meaning!

    Sorry for over-reacting, old friend! Hopefully "that guy" will read our chat here and get motivated to put some thought into his vote.

    I'd love to hear about your vote and rationale. I've been chicken so far, and not written about my thoughts on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't totally committed either way yet. I wish I could have my dream candidate... a mixture of the things I like about Obama, McCain, and Huckabee. I might blog about it sometime in the near future (if I get up the guts). ;-)

    ReplyDelete