Thursday, August 24, 2006

Funny Commercials

One of my hobbies is “collecting” commercials. I know that sounds odd. What I mean is I am a big fan of commercials, and I like to download or keep “pointers” to commercials that I think are really hilarious, entertaining, or just plain fantastic. Google Video and YouTube are two of the best sources for commercials. In fact my favorite commercial this year is the Liberty Mutual “pay-it-forward” commercial which is now available on YouTube:



When we got home from church last night, we caught the “World’s Funniest Commercials” on TBS. In general I was disappointed by the crassness and message of many of the commercials, but there were a few gems:

LA Country Fair – "Duh, Ashley, all wool comes from a cow..."
1-800-Got-Junk – “Rat Advertising Trial (R.A.T.)”
Avis: Gansta Rap – “Gotta get that money made”
Solo Mobile: Housewarming – “You are a legend”

Honorable mention: Pacman Puppet Show

All the commercials can be seen in high quality at veryfunnyads.com.

1 comment:

  1. You may find these interesting from
    http://miscreports.blogspot.com


    The Wilkins Muppets

    Back in the days when advertising was fun and the Muppets were funny


    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UCYSb-Fr3oM

    ReplyDelete