Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Lazy Paper accepted to WIDM'06

I got some really good news yesterday- my Lazy Preservation paper (“Lazy Preservation: Reconstructing Websites by Crawling the Crawlers”) was accepted for publication at the WIDM’06 workshop along with Joan’s mod_oai paper. Only 11 of the 51 submissions (21.5%) were accepted which means the workshop participants are going to be getting very familiar with the research aims at ODU. ;-)

WIDM is in Arlington, Virginia on November 10 and is held in conjunction with CIKM’06. This will be a good opportunity for me to visit my sister again in D.C. I was up there a few weeks ago giving the good news about Becky’s pregnancy to my parents (they were visiting from St. Louis). Random event: while I was in D.C., my mom and I ran into Karl Rove at a bookstore- we chatted for a while (Mom’s a fan), and he seemed like a nice guy, but I'm sure most politicians do. Anywho, I’m looking forward to the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment