Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Leaving for Norfolk

I'm headed to Norfolk in a few hours to defend my dissertation. Becky and Ethan are staying behind this time, but we're all making the trip in December for graduation.

Some people really hate to fly, but I'm actually looking forward to it. There's no better opportunity to either nap or read. I'm bringing along some really good reading material, and Ethan's multiple wakings last night has guaranteed I'll sleep well on the plane. Here's a sample of what I'll be reading on the plane:
It just occurred to me that I'm going to have to change the subtitle on my blog since this dissertation is almost at a close. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot sleep well on planes. Useless. I've been flying a lot more with my current job (a trip in a week to SoCal), and trying to work or sleep or do anything really productive is just impossible for me. Usually I just read - or talk/minister to the person next to me. I've had some great conversations that way.

    Interesting book on Lipscomb/Harding - have to check that out.

    Best wishes on your defense! We cannot repel knowledge of that magnitude!

    ReplyDelete