- Despite what most Americans think about the Chinese government's censorship of the Web, 2007 survey found that over 80% of respondents said they thought the Internet should be controlled or managed, and almost 85% thought the government should be the one to do it.
- Watch out: Facebook's user interface is about to make a radical change. Instead of having everything listed on a single page, items have been rearranged under their own tabs. The redesign is going to force many third party Facebook applications to modify how they work. Let the whining begin!
- Would you still be interested in watching a football game if you knew all the plays were being called by a computer? Let's hope it never comes to this.
- What happens when you create a salacious news article that didn't really happen, just to get people to link to your website? You either get praised or pounced.
- Have you received your economic stimulus package yet? I hope you'll look past the shiny new whatever and give to someone who is really in need.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
It's been a long week painting the kitchen, and I'm still not done. But I did find some time to put together my pick of the week's top 5 items of interest: