Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Harding University - Oops! Couldn't find that.

You know you're in trouble when your university website gives you an error message like that.


Looks like the Harding IT guys are having some technical difficulties today... maybe they need to use Warrick. wink

Update on 7/25/2008:

Apparently there was a catastrophic disk failure; the IT guys are working through the weekend to restore data and get all the systems back up. Unfortunately, about half of the faculty and staff lost about a week's worth of data because the backups were being done improperly.

2 comments:

  1. ok this is too ridiculous a coincidence not to comment about.

    Earlier today I tried to visit a web site off of harding.edu and I found that it was down, and was then surprised to see that the whole school's site was down.

    I didn't think about it again until
    about 5 minutes ago when I happened to click the "next blog" link on a different Blogger blog which takes you to a random blog. It brought me here, where I saw the familiar picture of the dead harding.edu website. I thought it a pretty big coincidence that I had happened to visit that site today and ended up on a blog about it.

    Then I realized that the site I was trying to visit earlier (http://www.harding.edu/fmccown/R/) is in fact run by YOU.

    So what are the chances that:
    a) I just happened to try to visit your site today (for the first time in probably 6 months, and the second time in my life total).
    b) That the site would be down and I would end up going to the main harding page.
    c) That blogger would randomly send me to your blog when I clicked the link.
    d) That you would have updated your blog already noting that the site was down.
    e) That you would happen to be the owner of the page I tried to visit.

    Unless all of those had happened, I don't think I ever would have made the connection that this "random" blog was run by someone (very distantly) connected to me.

    Bizzare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that is truly an incredible set of coincidences!

    Maybe this is an example of a secret new Google tool that watches your every move and silently directs you to the websites you need to visit. ;-)

    Seriously, I appreciate you sharing. Very bizarre.

    ReplyDelete