- Google Flu Trends is a new tool from Google that can predict flu outbreaks by examining flu-like search terms that people google when they become sick. The Google data can be days ahead of reports released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Researchers at the Graphics Lab at the University of Southern California have developed a display box using spinning mirrors that creates a beautifully defined 3D image. Make sure you watch the video.
- Didn't I see this urine-drinking system thing in a Kevin Costner film?
- "When can I destroy humanity?" Another nightmarish robot, this one named Jules.
- RIP Elwin "Preacher" Roe, Harding alum (1935-38) and pitcher for the World Series Champions, the Brooklyn Dodgers (1951), who passed away last week at the age of 92.
Friday, November 14, 2008
My pick of the week's top five items of interest: