Thursday, September 17, 2009

Facebook - content is currently unavailable

Someone tagged me in a photo on Facebook yesterday, but when I click on the link I received in my email, I get the very "helpful" error message:
This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.




If the page is temporarily unavailable, I should try again and again and again to access it. But if the link has expired, I am wasting my time trying to access it again and again. And if I don't have permissions, how do I get it? There's no helpful tip given as to how to get permission to view the image.

Surely Facebook could tell me which of these is the true problem and suggest what I do next.

I would qualify this as a variation of GUI blooper #28.

3 comments:

  1. I am having this problem as well, and yours is the only similar situation I've found. Did you ever resolve the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never able to access the URL. But I only tried a few times before giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont no what happend to my facebook
    when u i was opening then dont no what was happend
    it says 4 days you can join in facebook also too
    it says Facebook - content is currently unavailable
    this the problem i cant to chat with anyone
    so can you tell me how to solve the problem of faceboook

    ReplyDelete