- Which Wikipedia articles are trustworthy? A new service called Veropia thinks they know. They are hoping to act as a warehouse for Wikipedia articles that are vetted by "experts."
- Students at Saginaw Valley State University are building a video game in their spare time. Their role-playing game is a lot more involved than the board games we produce in our CS capstone class; they are enlisting help from 15-60 students and hoping to release their game in Nov 2008.
- Does NBC's Pres Jeff Zucker really believe "Apple has destroyed the music business"? If anything, Apple should be heralded as the company that finally pulled the music industry out of the Dark Ages. Tone down the rhetoric, Zucker.
- Google and an alliance of social network parters are releasing OpenSocial APIs, open services that allow social applications to be created on sites besides Facebook. Facebook has so far been excluded.
- This is Harding's Homecoming weekend. Go Bisons!
Friday, November 02, 2007
My pick of the week's top 5 items of interest: