- A humorous take on What If Gmail Had Been Designed by Microsoft? (Thanks to Mike Baur for sendimg me that one.)
- While we're on the subject, Gmail now supports IMAP. That means you can now use email clients like Outlook and Firefox to access your Gmail without popping the emails off of Google's servers. Had Google supported IMAP several months ago when the Harding faculty was forced to switch to Gmail, it would have made many lives much easier. I was abile to get it to work with my harding.edu email address following the instructions and using firstname.lastname@example.org for the username.
- If you like Google, Java, and mobile devices, you may want to give Android a shot. Reto Meier has written a little how-to on developing a person-mapping application with Android. Non-developers may not be quite so fascinated with Android.
- Playing catch-up: an interesting article pointing to 12 research projects aimed at reducing spam.
- Congrats to the Dallas Cowboys on a best-ever record of 10-1 after defeating the Jets 34-3 on Thanksgiving. Next victim: the 10-1 Green Bay Packers. Also congrats to the Razorbacks on an amazing win in triple overtime over the #1 ranked LSU Tigers. The Cowboys really need to draft McFadden next year...
Saturday, November 24, 2007
My pick of the week's top 5 items of interest: