Friday, January 16, 2009

Fav5

My pick of the week's top 5 items of interest:

  1. A typical Google search generates 7g of CO2. Or maybe not. (Thanks, Dustin.)


  2. CWE/SANS just released a report of the Top 25 Most Dangerous Programming Errors. This is going out to all my programming classes.


  3. The NY Times had this to say about the R programming language:
    "But R has also quickly found a following because statisticians, engineers and scientists without computer programming skills find it easy to use."
    Sorry, but I do have computer programming skills and still find it quite difficult to use, primarily because the documentation is lacking useful examples. That's why I created an R tutorial to help myself and others struggling with the language.


  4. Looks like Warrick, the service I developed a few years ago, is still getting some good press. (Thanks, Burt.)


  5. I found this on Matt Cutt's blog: Mac vs PC. What initially looks like a low-budget production suddenly transforms into footage that looks like it's from a multimillion dollar high-tech Hollywood production.



2 comments: