- A typical Google search generates 7g of CO2. Or maybe not. (Thanks, Dustin.)
- CWE/SANS just released a report of the Top 25 Most Dangerous Programming Errors. This is going out to all my programming classes.
- The NY Times had this to say about the R programming language:
"But R has also quickly found a following because statisticians, engineers and scientists without computer programming skills find it easy to use."Sorry, but I do have computer programming skills and still find it quite difficult to use, primarily because the documentation is lacking useful examples. That's why I created an R tutorial to help myself and others struggling with the language.
- Looks like Warrick, the service I developed a few years ago, is still getting some good press. (Thanks, Burt.)
- I found this on Matt Cutt's blog: Mac vs PC. What initially looks like a low-budget production suddenly transforms into footage that looks like it's from a multimillion dollar high-tech Hollywood production.
Friday, January 16, 2009
My pick of the week's top 5 items of interest: