- If you use MySpace, Facebook, or other social networking systems, you will appreciate this diagram of your social network.
- Kevin Newcomb at Search Engine Watch has compiled a list of the most significant search-related events of 2007. Any of my students looking for a seminar topic for the spring... here's a great place to start!
- According to a recent article in InfoWorld, Java is the next Cobol... used in many businesses internally but outdated by newer web programming languages like Ruby on Rails, PHP, AJAX, and Microsoft .Net.
- Perl 5.10 has just been released. It's the first major upgrade to the language in 5 years. Some new items: smart match operator, switch statement, more powerful regexs, state variables, and more.
- And finally, be careful next time you hit reply-all on that email. It's been estimated that interruptions at work and information overload in general cost the US economy $650 billion in 2006.
Friday, December 28, 2007
My pick of the week's top 5 items of interest: