Saturday, December 15, 2007

Graduation 2007

This morning I graduated with my Ph.D. from ODU. Becky, Ethan, and I flew into Norfolk on Thurs for the ceremony (Michael Irvin was on our flight, but I wasn't able to get an autograph), and my parents and sister got into town on Fri.

Tony Snow gave the commencement speech and did a terrific job. He told the graduates that they needed to focus on two things: God and country. Everyone needed to answer the question of whether there is a God (Tony is convinced there is), what they're relationship is to Him, and what He expects of them. Second, they need to realize that we've got a fantastic country and find a way to make it even better. When hyping-up America, Tony said, "When there's a crisis, who does everyone turn to? Venezuela?" The guy sitting next to me thought it was one of the funniest things he'd heard in a while... he's Venezuelan. wink

After graduation we took some pics with Michael, my adviser, and then got some lunch a Fellini's. It's nice to be back in Norfolk... can't wait to see all my old friends.

Below are some pics from graduation:








On the flight to Norfolk

Walking down the aisle

Becky watching from a distance

With Michael afterword

With parents and Ethan

With Sara and Ethan

Celebrating at Fellini's

Congrats cake at Bayside

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Frank! Well done.

    If you're poor and in need of heating oil, then you actually are likely to turn to Venezuela.

    I'm sure it was a great speech!

    ReplyDelete